Preservation Capital Partners is a middle market private equity firm specialising in the asset light financial services sector. We focus on partnering with market leading companies with proven and resilient business models that have demonstrated strong revenue growth.
We strive to deliver consistent and superior returns for investors and partners, through the application of our deep sector expertise, collaboration with best in class management teams, and hard work to generate superior value creation.
One of the central tenet of Preservation Capital Partners’ investment approach is to back outstanding incumbent management teams that have demonstrated an ability to outperform the market and can build durable growth businesses over an extended time horizon. Alignment of interests is central to this approach and as such management teams are typically significant shareholders in any business that we back.
We have a flexible investment mandate and can invest as both a minority and majority investor, with a typical equity investment of £50-150m with the ability to invest larger amounts through co-investment.
Targeted Companies Profile
- Target industry sub-sectors: Strong organic growth prospects driven by demonstrated secular tailwinds or businesses operating in fragmented markets with a buy and build roll-up potential
- Geographic focus: Primarily focused on investing in the UK, Western and Northern Europe, opportunistically invest in Southern Europe and CEE
- Business sector: Non-balance sheet businesses including insurance distribution, insurance services, asset and wealth management, outsourcing service providers to financial institutions, payments and consumer finance
- Business characteristics: Strong and defensible market position, high barriers to entry, experienced and highly driven incumbent management team
- Ownership: Focus primarily on privately owned businesses with no institutional shareholders
Flexible Investment Mandate
- Investment mandate: Flexible investment mandate including minority and majority investments
- Enterprise size: From early stage up to mid-size companies with typical enterprise valuation of £100-500m and typical equity investment of £50-150m
- Holding period: Longer term investor with an average investment hold period of five to seven years
- Aligned incentivization: Structure deals so management roll a sizeable portion of their shareholding
Assets under management
years in direct investing